It's been a rather stressful few days!! My poor Mum has been diagnosed with Keratitis in both eyes and has been off work for the last couple of weeks (and will be off for the foreseeable future). I phoned my Gran on Friday night to see how she was doing only to be told that my Mum had just been admitted to Hospital. Her vision is bad because of the Keratitis but she had started to see star bursts which was caused by pressure building up behind her eye which, if not treated, could have meant losing the sight in that eye!! (Normal is between 13 and 25 and the pressure behind her eye was at 56). She has now had lazer treatment to reduce the pressure - they have made two wee holes in each eye. She got out on Saturday night but had to go back yesterday so they could check whether the pressure was building again. The Doc was worried that they holes were too small so they made them bigger and she's to go back on Thursday for a check up!! Horrible eh!!!
I'm got going to describe our sleepless nights so I thought I would do this meme which was passed to me by the lovely Hullabrouhaha :-)
1) My uncle once: played the organ in Liverpool Cathedral. It is the largest one in Britain.
2) Never in my life: have I felt so far away from family
3) When I was five: I told our next door neighbour to stuff her froggy face into the floor when she wouldn't give me a packet of crisps (The joys of listening to the Muppet Album!!)
4) High school was: definately not the best days of my life!!
5) I will never forget: The first time I met Chris
6) Once I met: Billy Connolly....I fell over his feet in a pub and landed in a heap on the floor!!
7) There's this girl I know: Who has had pornographic pictures taken of herself
8) Once, at a bar: I watched my best mate pretend to hump a cigarette machine whilst ABBA's Dancing Queen was on in the background. (You know who you are!!)
9) By noon: I am usually wondering what I'm going to have for dinner
10) Last night: I had a conversation with a guy on SL (Second Life) about the Wurzels
11) If only I had known: That if I wasn't happy about something I had the power to change it
12) Next time I go to church: I will probably be struck down by lightening!!
13) What worries me most: The people I love being unhappy
14) When I turn my head left I see: Books
15) When I turn my head right I see: A very spiky cat attacking a sock
16) You know I'm lying when: You always know when I'm lying....it's written all over my face!!
17) What I miss most about the eighties: Thinking Fame was cool!!
18) If I were a character in Shakespear I'd be: I have no idea....ashamed to admit it but I've not read any Shakespear!!
19) By this time next year: I will be painting
20) A better name for me would be: Donut (aparently!!)
21)I have a hard time understanding: Suicide bombers and anyone who can take the life of another human being
22) If I ever go back to school: I would poke my old art teacher in the eye for being crap and demotivating
23) You know I like you if: I slag you off
24) If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: My husband
25) Take my advice, never: underestimate the potential cruelty or kindness of others (I pinched this one from Hulla.....I couldn't agree with it more!!)
26) My ideal breakfast is: Freshly baked croissant with butter and strawberry jam washed down with a lovely mug of hot tea.
27) A song I love but do not own is: The Lemonheads cover of the Simon and Garfunkle song 'Mrs Robinson'
28) If you visit my home town, I suggest you: get in touch and we'll get together
29) Why won't people: Accept responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming everyone else for their problems.
30) If you spend a night at my house: It will involve good food, good wine and lots of laughter
31) I'd stop my wedding for: Absolutely no-one!!!
32) The world could do without: Politicians!!!
33) I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Get on stage and perform
34) My favourite blonde is: Britney Spears.....she really went bonkers quite spectacularly!!
35) Paper clips are more useful than: A chocolate tea pot
36) If I do anything well: It's being able to put myself in someone else's shoes so I can understand their point of view
37) I can't help but: Laugh!!
38) I usually cry: At crappy films and TV programmes. I even managed to cry at The Simpsons once!! (How sad is that!!)
39) My advice to my child/nephew/niece: Have fun and try not to worry too much....it will all work out in the end!!
40) And by the way: consider yourself tagged for this meme