Monday, 29 September 2008
The Eagle has landed...
It may have taken us a while but we got here in the end!! (I had forgotten just how long the journey is!!). We had two great flights.....the first one left Bangkok at 1am so both Chris and I pretty much flaked out as soon as we sat down (it had nothing to do with the three large glasses of wine we had had before getting on the plane....nothing at all!!). I was aware of phlegm man behind me.....the noises he was making penetrated through to the subconsious (honestly, you would think he would have gone to the bathroom to do that!!) but I still managed to sleep and woke up about 20 minutes before we landed in Dubai. On the second flight we had a heart stopping moment as a woman sat next to me with a 12 week old baby.....but you know what.....the baby was quite as a mouse for the entire 7 hour flight and only grizzled once for about five minutes as we landed!!
Since being home we have:
* been shopping. I now have a lovely new pair of boots (I love boots!!!), two tops (Brown and shocking pink) and a gorgous pair of orange gloves.
* had a hair cut. Well, I've had a hair cut....it's rather short (It did need saving!!) and I have a fringe.....it's going to take some getting used to!!
* have celebrated Chistmas. Chris's Mum and Aunt came over to my Mum's. We swapped presents (We were given some fab things.....I think Chris's fav was a remote controlled beer cooler....now he doesn't even need to get up and go to the fridge!!!) and then we had the works.....turkey, stuffing, sprouts....and THE the most divine desert ever.....chocolate mouse with chilli through it served with lime and basil cream (OMG it was amazing.....I plan to pinch the recipe!!)
* had New Year. My Gran came over with my Aunt and Uncle and we toasted the new year.
* and met up with Brenda for Sunday lunch (She was like my 2nd Mum when I was growing up and is refered to as my 'Udder Mudder'.....she used to own a farm and the name kinda stuck).
It has been so lovely seeing everyone....
We leave today for the next leg of our journey so I'm not sure when I'll be blogging again but for those of you that we're going to meet up with...See you soon :-)